Lisa Wins the Liebster
When I first started blogging a mere nine months ago, I had no idea that the simple act of putting a few words together into tales of motherhood, marriage, and middle age would inspire so many people to read my work. What's more, I could not even begin to anticipate the incredible feeling of satisfaction and pride that would flow through my veins each time I hit the publish button on a brand new post.
For, you see, my blog has become my "baby" of a sort. It is one of the few things in this world I can truly call my own...one of the few things that allow me complete and absolute creative control. Therefore, when a fellow blogger bestowed upon me not one, but three blogging awards, I felt such a deep sense of gratitude for her kindness. In sharing this honor, she reaffirmed for me that my "baby" is worthwhile, and worth sharing.
The Liebster Award
Awarded by: Chris Dean from Life Your Way
Chris uses unabashed humor to cope with many challenges in her life, including chronic illness. You'll love her stories, please check her out!
Why: The Liebster Blog Award is given to blogs with fewer than 200 followers. Liebster is German for "beloved" and a blog nomination for this award is "worth watching".
Rules: Answer one question, and link back to the awesome person who nominated you!
Question: Chocolate or vanilla? Until recently, chocolate ruled, but I have found that mixing the two together creates a tantalizing treat for the taste buds. So now I'll say....BOTH!
The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award
The Inspiring Blog Award
Awarded by: Chris Dean from Life Your Way
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back.
2. Tell everyone seven things about yourself
3. Nominate seven bloggers
Thank you Chris! Your wit and wisdom is an inspiration to me! I am so honored that you have chosen to honor my work.
Now, I present you with seven interesting and fun facts about me that I have not already shared in this blog. Here goes....
1. In my older years, for reasons unknown, I have developed a fear of heights to add to my claustrophobia. What this means is that you will never, ever, see me on a ferris wheel!
2. I am the resident "bug killer" in my house. When my 15-year old daughter's blood curdling screams alert me to the presence of a 10-foot spider (technically not a bug, I know) in her bedroom, super-mom comes immediately to the rescue. Just give me a shoe and BAM, Mr. Killer Insect won't stand a chance! (For those who remember my recent post where I describe my reaction to finding a bee in my car, let me say for the record that I lose my bravery when confronted with insects while confined to a moving vehicle)
3. At the age of 10, my parents took me to my first concert, John Denver. (The Starland Vocal Band opened for John Denver...who remembers them?!) My second concert - Elton John! (Much cooler!)
4. Many people know about my Harry Potter obsession, but I will also admit I'm a Trekkie! Not the original series, mind you - it's Next Generation all the way for me!
5. I have always dreamed of being a Tony Award winning Broadway singer. Of course, there's a tiny problem with this fantasy....I can't sing in key. Bob and Melissa try to teach me but, alas, I'm a hopeless case. So I clam up and live vicariously through Melissa, who inherited Bob's natural musical ability and took it to ever greater heights!
6. Favorite candy: Swedish fish!
7. My biggest vice is diet coke, I drink umpteen glasses a day, and as a result, my most frequented room is furnished with a toilet.
My seven nominees!
Drum roll please! The moment you've all been waiting for! The seven blogs who are worthy of this wonderful way to pay it forward.
1. Kathy from My Dishwasher's Possessed
2. Cindy from Everyday Underwear
3. Jennifer from Kvetch Mom
4. Melissa from The Betty and Boo Chronicles
5. Monica from Monica's Tangled Web
6. Melissa from A Wide Line
7. June from The Neurosis Files
I hope you enjoy the work of my fellow bloggers, and to everyone out there who has visited my page, I share my deepest gratitude! Thank you for helping me to do something I love...share a piece of myself through my words.
If you like my stories please tell me in the comments below.